Jorge L. Orbay, M.D.
Jorge L. Orbay, M.D. is a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in hand and the upper extremities.
He received his training and residency at Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopedic Institute of New York and completed his fellowship in hand and microsurgery at the University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital.
As a dedicated innovator in his field he has developed implant systems and techniques that continue to improve patient quality of life. He has proudly served patients for over twenty years.
Dr. Orbay enjoys being an associate clinical professor for the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine at Florida International University. He works with medical students as they rotate through Orthopedics and learn about the hand and upper extremity.
Dr. Orbay is proud to serve as the Honorary Medical Chair for the Arthritis Foundation. His commitment to raising the standard of care in his field has allowed him, through his innovations, to elevate the quality of life of patients with this debilitating disease.
Current Professional Memberships
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Association for Hand Surgery (Honorary Member)
- American Medical Association
- Dade County Medical Society
- Latin America Hand Surgery Societies – (Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Fracture Association
- Florida Hand Society
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
- The Institute for Orthopaedic Enlightenment
- Cuban Society of Surgery